You know when you get mad and you have to get that anger out. Why does hitting a wall seem to be the outcome in most cases. The wall isn't going to feel any pain, it won't hit you back, and it won't have some smart-ass retort. So hence my question why hit the wall when we are angry. At the time it does seem rational. You can't go to jail or get a ticket for hitting your own wall. Where in our minds does this rational make sense? So now along with my bruised fist my ego is just the same. I can't believe I let myself lose my cool and just react. Thankfully I was alone in this lapse in good mental judgement. I have enough enemies with my body right now I really don't need any people in that category for me just having a bad day.
With today I felt that I had earned the right to be unhappy and not have some one give me a pep talk to get to a happy place. I really didn't want to talk to anyone for fear that they would feel obligated to bring me back to that happy place. Being in a bad mood doesn't always have a downfall. Not a constant bad mood, but looking at the glass half empty every now and again can be beneficial at times. It allows me to realize that I am not perfect, I am not invisible, and that I am human. Oh and I fell today, too. That does explain my frustration with the day as well. All the hardware is ok, but my knee is just a little sore. So back to enjoying my bad day I called my dad and he tried to get me out of the bad mood told him no pep talk and thankfully he stopped. He also decided to make a joke in hopes that I would laugh and to his dismay it didn't work and I told him not funny. He apologized and we talked, well I vented. He's such a great dad, he has always been my buddy. In my life he does have two roles my friend and my dad. It is so wonderful that he knows what hat to wear once the conversation begins.
Well, since bad days aren't as fun to talk about since you tend to realize how ridiculous you sound, I'm going to call this one a night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment