Thursday, August 21, 2008

Better day

I guess the key to a better day is to keep yourself busy. I had a full day today and thankfully it kept my mind occupied. I am quite a bit happier today then yesterday. All I did today was chores. Who knew cleaning could be this refreshing.

Why do we minimize situations or tragedies? Is it so that we don't have to deal with the reality of the situation or do we just want it to go away quicker. If there is a lesser offense it seems to go bye-bye faster than something with more baggage. We also tend humoring it to make it seem less harsh. I guess with all the crap that goes on we would rather shrug something off and get back to work.(so to speak) Why deal with something that hurts when you can just simplify it and shrug it off. It is like the scales of justice and trying to keep the balance. I guess it has always seemed less challenging to take the easy road then to take the hard.

Humor is how I tend to deal with many things that come my way. Don't get me wrong I do have sympathy and empathy, but it is easier to laugh then to cry. There are times when it is the right time to cry, but with everything I think that is over doing it. Me personally I would rather laugh than cry. I do have my days where a good cry is just what the doctor ordered, but on others' laughter is the best medicine.

Since I have therapy in the morning I guess this is it for today.

No comments: