Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Aha

I had plenty of issues trying to figure out why I would have such an emotional shift lately. The reason is that I have to leave before a function is over or that time together is coming to an end. The tears just start to fall once I am on my own. My "Aha" moment came when I was driving home on Saturday when I had been out for almost 12 hours and then being utterly exhausted from the day and on the drive home the tears came. I cocked my head to one side and then let out a muffled laugh. When you have one of the moments and you start to talk to yourself and the rest of the way home I just laughed. Having that moment of clarity has helped greatly because understanding what is going on helps to deal and accept the response. It is so great to know why and not be so dumbfounded about the range of emotions. I enjoy the fact that I know when it happens, I can just let the moment happen then move on and not try to diagnose the problem for the following days.

Onto other subjects. It is great to be able to enjoy myself. To have fun again. I am having times that I can walk without my walker and get used to the balance of my body all over again. How cool is that?! When I am at home I hardly use the walker at all. I can't wait until I am completely better and not having to use any additional equipment to help myself move around.

I am having a great time lately and have been too busy to write, but more is on the way I just needed a break for a little while. I am hopefully going back to work next week so if there is another break I'm sorry I just haven't worked for almost 5 months. Have a great day and enjoy every breath that you take. It is truly a great time to be in a good mood.

No comments: