I went to get groceries today and got to ride around in the little scooter. Fun times. It still amazes me the kindness of strangers. People offered to get me stuff off the high shelves, but the coolest part was when I got out to the car and this woman was walking up and she asked if I needed any help and I said no, but she insisted anyway. She unloaded all the groceries into the trunk of my car. I am still shocked that there are good people still in this world. She asked me what happened and I told her then she asked if I prayed. It blew me away, but before I could think of a response I blurted out that I did.(it's true) Then as she was leaving she told me that we are all in God's hands and that all we have to do is pray. Talk about hitting the nail on the head. Then on the way home still having that phrase running through my head a song comes on and the line that stood out was " You can only smile until you have shed some tears". It has definitely been a day of good thoughts and gratitude. It gave me a little time to think of how great that I have it even with all that is going on I am still blessed.
When I got home I unloaded all the food by myself.(sweet) Then I started to cook. I made chile rellenos and Mexican rice plus two cookie sheets worth of sausage rolls for breakfast. Man was it good. I was starting to get tired and hot(oven's tend to do that) thankfully I had a stool in the kitchen cause I lost my balance and started to fall. I'm glad that I did all that upper body work and that I have quick reflexes when it comes to my arms and hands. I grabbed the stool and steadied myself luckily I had just put down the cookie sheet. After that nice little moment I said to myself (since I was alone it was out loud) maybe I should sit down. To the table I went and rested for a minute while the rice finished. Good thing that things need time to cook. Once the timer went off I got up again and was able to function. By the way I did all this and unloading the car without my walker. I was right by the front door so it wasn't a long walk, but hey still no falls. Yeah buddy! I am starting to see more improvements and know that I am getting better. It still sucks that it is taking longer than I hoped, but hey things don't always happen in my time frame. At least I know at the end of the day that I am getting better slowly, but surely. I still remember when the neurologist came into my room and said that there was a high possibility that I would never walk again. When I get down about how slow this seems to be going I still go back to that hospital bed and think, "Wow I have made it this far!" Even if I have a bad day and write about it don't think that I am as upset as it seems. I just need to get those thoughts out so the good one's don't get pushed out.
When you are going through a rough patch and I have had my share I learned from a quote that,"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!" Sometimes it just takes a little time for the good things in life to arrive, but at least I know that they will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment