Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Attractive much?????

I guess since my surgery I haven't really felt attractive and I keep getting told that you are recovering. I'm sorry, but that does not satisfy my vanity. Yes, believe it or not I do have a vain side. I just tend to let it hide out most of the time. This has been a tough shot on my pride too. Well, I have been looking for these pants since I got home, and tonight I found them.(YEAH) I was so excited and I can wear them this weekend and that is one step closer to my happy vain-o-meter. We all tend to feel better when we feel that we are attractive even if it is just in our own eyes.

Onto other news...I know that I haven't talked much about my recovery in awhile, but there are so good news. I am now walking around the house without my walker so I can get my balance back. Well, I have only been doing that at the house, but tonight Mom asked if I wanted to go with her and if I could get to the car without the walker. Well, I did! The main setback that I am still having is m right foot it doesn't want to get back in the game just yet, but it is getting there. Each day forward I have more than the previous. Sometimes it is hard to see the good through all the crap that is there. Like seeing the forest through the trees. Perspectives are always different from the outside looking in than from the inside looking out. I guess what I am saying is that these times may be hard and I wish that it was all grins and giggles, but unfortunately this is my hand that I have been dealt and I'm trying to play it out to the best I can.

I am blessed for all the support that I have in my life, and there are times that I take it for granted when I am having a bad day. Trust me on this I have had more good days than bad. It is that the bad days are easier to detect and get out of now then before when I was in those places. I don't feel as trapped and helpless now as I did. Coming from a mostly independent person to have to rely on someone else for everything was the worst. It is really good that I figured out why I was so unhappy after having such a good time and that was wonderful and a relief. I have a great weekend planned to hang out with some friends and then hopefully go back to work on Monday. I think that will help as well just doing something that is productive. So to everyone have a great day and smile it increases your face value! :D

No comments: