Sunday, January 18, 2009

A new year...

It is the beginning of 2009 and I am having such a blast with my life. I am seizing the moments that make my world go round. I have been hanging out with my girls lately, playing games and just having fun. I haven't dared to step out on a dance floor yet(maybe a month or two to come). My friends are very understanding and always want to make sure that I have a good time. We haven't tried bowling and I have no desire to test my strength in that yet. I am sorry that it has almost been a month since my last entry, but when life takes the reins, sometimes you just have to hold on and enjoy the ride.

I started a new schedule at work that is Monday thru Friday 630am to 3pm. It is a big switch from working midnights for 5 and a half years, but it is a great change. I get a chance to see the sun rise and set and that is pretty cool. It is also pretty weird going to bed between 8-9. My whole attitude for work has improved as well my numbers are rocking since I switched.

I am going back to the gym this week since all the family has left and it is not as crazy. I have gotten my right foot flexing a little more each day. I also went all last week at work without my walker. My co-workers were extremely happy to see my progress.

I have also learned that if you want the best in life you have to fight for it. I don't think if it falls in your lap you have the same respect for it. Don't get me wrong it is nice to have blessings and be able to see that that is what they are. I got to see thru this triumph how the little things in life matter. In my last entry I told you about my ten commandments as I call them, but before I started writing this one I read over them again. I still get the opportunities to impress myself with how simple things really are. It wasn't rocket science and for so long I always made it out to be. This has been a life changing and revealing time. I have been able to see myself thru other's eyes as well as my own. I am not trying to sound like a broken record, but I love how this surgery has made me a better person.

I have a funny story about one of my shopping excursions to Wal-Mart. As my friend and I are walking in we go to get one of the scooters. There was one left and this young guy takes it. He was probably about my age maybe younger. Almost instantly my friend is angered looks over at me and states, "This guy is walking around just fine what does he need the scooter for?" I looked at her and said, "He might have a bad back, hurt his knee or is recovering from a surgery and he can't walk long distances." She said, "I never thought about that." Then we start walking around the store and one of the clerks tells me that a scooter is available and if I wanted it. So I get the scooter and we are finishing up our shopping. We pass by these two women, and my friend is behind me with the cart with my walker in it. As I pass these two ladies they roll their eyes and make an over dramatic sigh. My friend follows after me and then tells me what happened and is furious. She asked me if that happened a lot. I told her that if it does I really don't notice it. Most people ask me why since I am young and in all aspects should be in great health. I told her that all it is is ignorance and reminded her of the guy in the scooter when we first walked in. She stopped in her tracks and said you are right. My point of the story is that you really never know some one's circumstances unless you ask, never assume. (you know the old adage off of that word) Plus what right do I have about judging some one else's pain or suffering. All I can judge is my own. My only pet peeve is people who don't have the stickers or the permission to park in the handicapped spots that do. There is a reason those are there. I was out one night at a restaurant and they had eight in the front of the building and the first four were taken. As I drove past NONE of them had a placard or a notification on their license plate. It was extremely upsetting however the cops patrol the area quite frequently and I have no worries. Karma does work and does come around.

Well, it is late and I need to go to bed. I hope yall have a great day and until keyboard and fingers meet again so long my friends! :)

No comments: