Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Ice
Last night we got a little ice storm with all the good stuff of freezing rain and sleet. I got up this morning and my car was covered in about an inch of ice. My boss called me last night and told me that we weren't going to open the center until 10 am so that was good. Unfortunately in my condition me and ice don't get along to well. If I slip on that I wouldn't be able to control my fall. My temporary paralysis was enough I don't want to have that on a full time basis. I could think of other scenarios however I prefer to stay away from the "What if's?" today. So in the eyes of safety I decided it would be best for me to stay home. The risk is not worth the reward. Plus I have to go over 9 bridges to work and another 9 back. I don't trust Texas driver's on icy bridges they have a tendency to stop and cause pile-ups. It was nice for me to stay home plus my mom and dad who have already worried so much didn't need this added on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment